Dreams... and reality

There is a pool in my dreams,
that cant be deciphered in the dark;
for it converges with the gloom inside,
and shows up in the light of a spark.

I grope for a way inside the cave,
but the stones keep falling into the pool;
and the loud echoes made by the splash,
reminds me to follow certain rules.

I walk with the fear of stumbling inside,
and shards of rock cut into my feet;
the blood becomes a part of the gory waters
each time, my heart takes a wrong beat.

There is no light, no way out
and i struggle with my insides
I stand there, my energy fades
but the agony never really subsides.

I try to come out of the illusion,
only to find the real world is fake;
and my dreams, though dark
only have my passion at stake.

But the reality is more gruesome,
and there is no escaping the fact.
thus, i recline into the same dark cave,
at least there, my soul is intact...

Comments

  1. This is nice.. right..shows your pensive mood, perhaps..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that so many times...a beautifully dark poem...loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... dark and a bit frightening. You captured the sensations well.
    http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2011/08/08/new-reality/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreams are preferred to reality at times. Dark poem, good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ramesh ji. thanks and yeah, it does reflect my sad mood
    @Antara thanks yaar!!
    @Kim thank you. your poem is lovely too :)
    @Shail. thats true. dreams are a silent console in times of harsh reality. glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no light, no way out
    and i struggle with my insides
    I stand there, my energy fades
    but the agony never really subsides.

    I try to come out of the illusion,
    only to find the real world is fake;
    and my dreams, though dark
    only have my passion at stake.

    wow i liked these lines :)
    wonderful writing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You read my thoughts. Would love it if you share yours :)