A realization...

“When my time comes, forget the wrong that I’ve done
Help me leave behind some, reasons to be missed…
Don’t resent me, and when you’re feeling empty;
Keep me in your memory, leave out all the rest, leave out all the rest..”
Most of us are familiar with the above lines which are taken from a beautiful song by Linkin park- the heartthrob band of many; including me. The first time I heard this song, I was so overcome with an emotion I couldn’t place that I learnt the entire song and for the next two months, my mother had to endure me singing it every time I opened my mouth.
                                Many years later the same words were thrown at me with such an expressive note, that I could understand the actual meaning of the beautiful words…..”When you’re feeling empty, keep me in your memory, leave out all the rest”- this was precisely what I friend of mine had texted me when I had said that I was feeling empty. Though that person always somehow manages to make me forget my troubles, this was the best way anyone could have reassured me.  When I got the message, I thought it was a poem and there was more to it. I scrolled down but it had ended there. Reading the familiar lines again, the mechanism of my brain clicked together, the words strung together and I realized that it were those very lines I used to sing on the top of my voice. But this realization was nothing. Realizing the true meaning of the words, when I saw myself in the same pretext was more numbing. I sat there, the words sinking into every cell of my body; and surprisingly I felt hopeful again. That tiny part of me that never wants to die sprang up again and set me to work. My heart brushed away me head aside and together we collaborated to write this small article that truly comes straight from my heart. The first happy one I have written since ages. The first one I actually wrote smiling; not the fake smile, but that uplifting of the corners of my lips that spread tingling warmth all through my frozen body. Maybe it was the feeling behind the words, or it was the meaning behind them, or it was the love behind them; I don’t really know. But they made me smile. And when I came running inside the house, only to listen to the song again, I felt tears in my eyes….  Those few lines made me content of the fact that there was at least one person, however far who was bothered when I was unhappy and did all that was possible to make my face lit up again. And this silent wordily presence is more than what I wanted.
                             It made me finally realize that maybe I have made a few true friends in this changing, false world after all. And there is only one thing I can say…. THANK YOU.

Comments

Post a Comment

You read my thoughts. Would love it if you share yours :)